Sunday, September 28, 2014

Grindstone 100 D-5 Days

I never feel trained enough for a race, and it's no different here.  I am injury free, though, which is always a good thing.  I'd rather be a little under-trained than a little over-trained for a race.  We can always gut it out the last few/30 miles, but it's much harder to do that with lingering injuries and unnecessarily tired muscles from a taper-less week leading up to a race. 

It looks like Grindstone will have live tracking of the runners throughout the race.  How often it will be updated from the mountains will little signal/service is unknown to even the race director.  Nonetheless, here is the link to that site:  http://www.eco-xsports.com/  

My trusted weather app tells me there is a 70% chance of rain on Saturday, and who doesn't like running in the rain?  I hope the temperature drops into the 40's Friday night - I love being miserable.  It makes these adventures much more memorable and adds dramatic effect to the stories.  The food afterwards always tastes better too.

Good luck to all at Grindstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment