Thursday, December 11, 2014

Training Update

This morning, I quickly added the number of miles I've tackled since I started my project on February 12th.  I've done over 1,800 miles and should have no problem reaching 2,000 before February 12th of 2015.  I didn't add the number of hours but a ballpark number would be around 300 (10:00 minutes per mile).  A few months ago I posted about Malcolm Gladwell's hard and fast rule that 10,000 hours spent practicing something makes you an expert in that field.  If that's legit then I'm not sure I'll make it to "expert" ultrarunning levels until I'm Gary's age.

None of that really matters.  Plus, I plan to write an extensive recount of my entire year-long experiment once complete in February.  Maybe, since I ran every mile using my 310XT GPS watch, Garmin will be interested in the data?!  (And in paying for me to run races in 2016?!)  Really, though, I only needed an excuse to post some pictures of Little Man. 

Imagining himself crossing the finish line of his first Turkey Trot next fall

Yes, his luscious hair can be easily formed into a mohawk and keep its form for days.  This will surely scare off other kids at the race next year.

Ohhhhhhhhh...the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round...



No comments:

Post a Comment