Thursday, January 15, 2015

It Was a Great Thursday

Today, I didn't have to work.  Got the day off.  I spent it wisely - I wrote a 4-page paper about the economic outlook of the company Chipotle Mexican Grill (because it begins with the same letter as my last name), hung out with Little Man and my photographer, read about the Falklands War, and broke in my Pearl Izumi N2 trail shoes on the Fredericksburg quarry trails.  I appreciated today for many reasons, mainly because I didn't have to fight the busy bees on route 95.  But it wasn't until today that I genuinely realized how much I work.  I work way too much.  I think all Americans do.  At least in the D.C. area it is the norm.  I don't like it and it took 6 years in the military and a random Thursday off to really understand all of this.  We all hope it pays off one day.  Hopefully it does.  Here are two pictures to sum up the day:

Little Man just woke up from one of his eleventeen naps

11 miles through mud and ice made for a rather enjoyable afternoon



No comments:

Post a Comment